Tankless Water Heaters
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably never thought about how tankless water heaters operate. If you’re not like most people, you’ll probably find it very interesting how efficient these units are and the complex process that goes into supplying your home with hot water.
- First, you need to activate hot water by turning on a faucet, starting your washing machine, or doing anything that requires hot water.
- Next, cold water will flow into the tankless water heater through an inlet pipe located at the bottom of the unit.
- The flame is then ignited which heats the unit’s heat exchangers.
- During this process, your water is heated by catching all heat from the heat exchangers and travels from the outlet pipe into your home.
- Maintaining the temperature of the water, the unit will adjust the flame as needed.
- When you turn off the faucet, the flame extinguishes and water ceases to flow to the water heater until you need hot water again.
Ratings & Reviews with pictures
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh