Rajamudi or Rajmudi, this rice has been favoured by the Royals of Mysore and it was also considered as an alternative to pay taxes in those times. It is a medium grain rice with grains of red and brown colour. The rice is gaining the prominence again on the health grounds and has become favorite of the many .When compared to polished rice, it provides better dietary fibre. It also contains a lot of phytonutrients and antioxidants. Our body is shielded from free radicals and pathogens by the antioxidants. Rajamudi rice contains zinc, which boosts immunity and hastens physical repair and recovery. Unpolished and available in a combination of red and brown colours, rajamudi rice is uncooked. This rice had a brief period of great popularity before being eclipsed by the rise of white rice. The traditional Rajamudi rice gained popularity as people's understanding of organic and healthful rice grew. Currently, only a small portion of south Karnataka's Holenarsipur, Arkalgud, Channarayapatna Hassan, and Mysuru taluks are allowed to cultivate the Rajamudi type of rice.
- CULTIVATION: This rice is mostly grown in Karnataka in Hassan/Mysore/Mandya belt and is unpolished so comes in a mix of white and brown colours.
- NUTRITIONAL FACTS : B&B Organics Rajamudi Red Rice is rich in minerals, plant nutrients and antioxidants.
- HEALTH BENEFITS : This rice is rich in minerals, and phyto-nutrients which help build healthy bones and immunity.
- COOK IT EASY : It does not require any soaking so cooks just like white rice and enhances gravies of different regions.
- 1.Due to the low glycemic index in the rice, even the diabetics can consume this rice.
- 2. This rice is reddish in colour and hence a rich source of iron.
- 3. It is also good for bone health.
- 4. Due to the presence of antioxidants it improves the overall immunity and helps fight free radicals.
- 5. Helps in weight loss too! ;)
- Soak in water for 2 hours before cooking.
- Storage suggestion: Store in airtight glass container with some salt and spices like red chilly whole or pepper added to it
Packaging and Delivery
Price per Quantity= $1.95
1 Quantity= 1 kg
Minimum order value= 1500
Cost of minimum order= $2925
|Item Package Quantity
|Item part number
||6 x 8 x 8 cm; 1 kg
||Rajamudi Red Rice
|Country of Origin
The secure refund policy stands if the seller ships out ordered products after the designated shipment date, or was not able to ship out the products at all, securing the buyer and seller. When not delivering products in correspondence to the product description, no valid documentation of attempt of delivery, or products have been damaged through the carrier or before shipment, reimbursement is also issued to the buyer from breach of the customer purchase contract.