Ship to: +61 more
Buckwheat is a pseudocereal, which is a type of grain that doesn't grow on grasses but is used similarly to other cereals. It is gluten-free, a good source of fiber, and rich in minerals and various plant compounds, especially rutin.
Health benefits of buckwheat
- Like other whole-grain pseudocereals, buckwheat is linked to a number of benefits.
- Improved blood sugar control.
- As a good source of fiber, buckwheat has a low to medium GI. This means that it should be safe to eat for most people with type 2 diabetes
- Heart health
- Buckwheat may also promote heart health.
It boasts many heart-healthy compounds, such as rutin, magnesium, copper, fiber, and certain proteins.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh