Where to Use
Properly prepared coated and uncoated Interior surfaces. Ideal for Family Rooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Hallways and Ceilings.
Preparation & Prime†
- All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned. Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain remover. Scuff sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections. Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster, and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Use BEHR ULTRA paint as a primer for properly prepared uncoated or painted interior surfaces, including woods that contain tannins (two primer coats required for redwood and cedar) and heavily stained areas.
- Lock in stains with BEHR ULTRA as a spot primer.
- For heavy stains, test for stain bleed-through by applying BEHR ULTRA as a topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, spot prime another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating. If bleeding continues, longer dry time is needed before top coating.
- For drastic color changes or when applying deep colors denoted with a dagger (†) on the color chip, apply a tinted primer coat of BEHR ULTRA if needed.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Certain colors may require more than one coat for complete hide.
- Darker colors may require additional dry time between coats. Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
- After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent. Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
- Do not use on floors.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.