Creates a Semi-Transparent Finish that enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
Best for use in
Recommended for properly prepared new to slightly weathered, unsealed exterior wood surfaces (0-5 years exposure) such as Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Fences, and Wood Patio Furniture.
Up to 400 Sq. Ft. per Gallon depending on wood porosity.
Where to Use
"For Wood Substrates Only" Recommended for properly prepared new to slightly weathered, unsealed exterior wood surfaces (0-5 years exposure) such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences and Wood Patio Furniture.
Preparation† (Proper surface preparation is required.)
- For failing coatings or to remove loose wood fibers, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® No. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper followed by BEHR PREMIUM No. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner to neutralize the wood.
- When No. 64 is not needed, a product such as No. 63 MUST be used to remove mill glaze and clean the wood surface. After using either No. 64 or No. 63, rinse thoroughly with a garden hose or pressure washer. When rinsing with a pressure washer, use the broadest spray pattern while keeping the nozzle at least 24" away from the surface.
- Allow the area to dry at least 24 hours before coating.
- Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz. See behr.com for additional product information.
For best results, a pad applicator is recommended over large deck areas.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C).
- *Do not apply if rain is expected within 4 hours of product application. Resists rain 4 hours after application.
- The surface must be completely dry before application.
- For multiple gallons, combine into a larger containers for color uniformity.
- DO NOT THIN PRODUCT. Stir product occasionally throughout the application.
- Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a natural bristle brush for areas requiring more accuracy. The use of rollers should be limited to rough surfaces only. Use 3/8" nap or longer when appropriate.
- A high-quality pump sprayer with a variable tip or an airless sprayer with a .013"-.017" tip (60 mesh filter) may be used.
- If thinning is necessary for spray application, then use a VOC compliant paint thinner at a rate of up to 8 oz. per gallon. • Lightly saturate the surface and back-brush any excess finish.
- Be sure to eliminate puddling and evenly distribute the finish. Maintain a wet edge when applying.
- Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks. Avoid applying finish too heavily.
- One coat application. For optimum performance, coat all accessible sides.
- When the color has faded and water is readily absorbed by the substrate, prep/clean with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM No. 63, allow to dry, and apply a new/fresh coat of wood finish.
- Product can be applied annually if needed.
- Dry to touch after 2-4 hours depending on wood porosity. 24 hours before foot traffic. 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.