Renesent offers a variety of services to make it easier for sellers to get their one-of-a-kind items into the hands of buyers quickly and securely. This
Shipping Policy explains your shipping obligations as a seller and your rights and responsibilities when using Renesent’s shipping labels services.
- Shipping Your Items
- Renesent Shipping Labels
- Shipping Insurance
1. Shipping Your Items
Sellers are responsible for shipping their sold items to buyers. If you're using a shipping or fulfillment service, please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive the item(s) they purchased from your shop.
By selling on Renesent, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate "ships from" address.
- Specify your shipping costs and processing times in your listings.
- Ship items promptly after they are sold. Prompt shipping means that you ship each item within 30 days of purchase, unless you specify otherwise in your processing time or agree to a different shipping period with the buyer through Conversations.
- Comply with all local and international shipping and customs regulations. We know that shipping and customs regulations can be tough to read, so check out these Help articles on international shipping using United States Postal Service (USPS), international shipping using Canada Post, and shipping to buyers in the European Union.
- Shipping to the wrong address is likely to result in a non-delivery case, so make sure to ship to the address listed on the Renesent or Renesent Studio receipt (or verified by the USPS for US addresses) or sent to you by the buyer through an Renesent or Renesent Studio Conversation.
- Mark the order as shipped when you ship it, or use an Renesent Shipping Label,
which automatically marks your order as shipped. Remember that you may only mark an order as shipped after you actually have shipped it. When you mark an order as
shipped, the buyer will receive an Renesent Shipping Notification (and may even break out into their happy dance).
- Charge an appropriate amount for shipping. US sellers can use calculated shipping to have shipping costs calculated automatically.
By entering tracking information on Renesent, you're giving us permission to collect and share the tracking information received from your chosen shipping carrier with the buyer.
In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of shipping. Valid proof of shipping must show that the item actually was shipped and that it was sent to the address provided by the buyer (or verified via USPS address verification). If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against your shop..
But don't fret, Renesent offers protection to sellers who meet our Seller Protection
Program requirements. Read more about the benefits of the Seller Protection Program here and about what is required..
2. Renesent Shipping Labels
Sellers in the United States and Canada who accept Direct Checkout or PayPal as a payment method are able to use Renesent Shipping Labels.
By using Renesent Shipping Labels, you confirm that:
- All shipping labels will only be used to ship corresponding Renesent orders.
- Shipping labels may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- Each shop has a designated bill limit for creating shipping labels, which is based on recent bill history. If you reach your bill limit, you must pay your bill before you can create another label. Read more about our bills in our Fees & Payments Policy.
- Renesent reserves the right to remove your access to Renesent Shipping Labels at any time and for any reason.
US sellers can purchase USPS postage on Renesent to fulfill their orders. Use of USPS postage is subject to applicable USPS rules.
Sellers may request a refund for USPS postage within 10 days of creating a label, as
long as the label has not been used to ship a package. USPS reviews refund requests, and Renesent will notify sellers once a request is approved or denied. For more
information on how to cancel and request a refund for a USPS shipping label.
US sellers can purchase FedEx shipping labels on Renesent to fulfill their orders. Use of FedEx shipping labels is subject to the FedEx Service Guide.
Sellers may request a refund for FedEx shipping labels within 10 days of creating a
label, as long as the label has not been used to ship a package. Renesent processes refund requests, and we will notify sellers after their request has been approved or denied. For more information on how to cancel and request a refund for a FedEx shipping label.
Canada Post Labels
Use of Canada Post shipping labels is subject to applicable Canada Post rules.
Sellers may request a refund for Canada Post shipping labels within 15 days of creating a label, as long as the label has not been used to ship a package. Canada Post reviews refund requests, and Renesent will notify sellers after a request has been approved or denied. For more information on how to cancel and request a refund for a Canada Post shipping label.
3. Shipping Insurance
When you use Renesent Shipping Labels, you can purchase parcel insurance to protect your shipments. Insurance is available through Shipsurance for USPS and FedEx shipping labels and through Canada Post for shipping labels purchased from Canada
You may purchase parcel insurance from Shipsurance Insurance Services, Inc. for packages that are shipped using USPS or FedEx shipping labels. If you choose to purchase insurance from Shipsurance, you agree to the Shipsurance Coverage Rules.
If you purchased parcel insurance from Shipsurance for a USPS shipping label and need to file a claim. To file a Shipsurance claim for a FedEx shipping label.
Canada Post Insurance
You may purchase parcel insurance from Canada Post for packages that are shipped using Canada Post shipping labels. Insurance claims for packages sent using Canada Post labels are handled exclusively by Canada Post.
If you purchased parcel insurance from Canada Post and need to file a claim.
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. If you add signature confirmation or insurance, those fees will be added to the total cost of the label at the point of purchase. All fees for USPS and FedEx shipping labels and for Shipsurance and Canada Post parcel insurance will appear separately on your Renesent bill and will specify the name of the service provider and the shipping label number.
If you purchase Canada Post shipping labels, the cost of each shipping label, taxes, and parcel insurance will appear separately on your bill. When you purchase a Canada Post label, the fees will appear in CAD. When reviewing the total cost summary, your label purchases will appear in both CAD and USD. All final label charges will be listed on your Renesent bill in USD.
Last updated on Feb 1, 2017